17 July 2008

Gundam 00 PS2 game announced

Photobucket


Info from Gunota Headlines has revealed that a Gundam 00 game is currently in development for PS2 console by the name of "Gundam 00: Gundam Meisters".

Developed by Yuke's (which is well known for wrestling games such as the WWE series), the game will be released in October, which covers the entire first season of the anime as well as original game scenarios. So far the protagonists' Gundams are announced to be the only playable MS, but I think it is likely that the Thrones and the GN-004 will be available as unlocks.

Photobucket
One known feature is the Action Movie. By attacking and defeating enemies one can charge up the AM-Guage that can be used to perform interactive special attacks and/or combos via key input.

Photobucket
Gameplay screenshots of Exia Gundam. The duel with Throne Zwei as well as the Trans-Am mode can be seen.

Photobucket
Gameplay screenshots of Virtue Gundam. Screenshots depict the battle in Moralia as well as the space battles against GN-X.


I'm slightly surprised that they are developing the game on a PS2 platform rather than on any seventh generation consoles. Since this is all we've got so far, it's difficult to judge how the game really looks like until we get some in-game video footage. According to the footer on the magazine scans, the development progress is now up to 70%, so things should go pretty smoothly for an October release.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Famitsu magazine scans from Games Animation Forum

5 comments:

  1. This looks pretty great. I love that in Japan, PS2 is still churning out some great titles (Gundam Titles included). I'd definatly give this a go, but I've got a list of games to pick up.

    RvZII, ACE 3....it goes on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ apt-1b:

    I personally haven't tried the ACE series, which I was told is good. But again I do recommend RvZII if you like RvZ.

    I hope that the upcoming Gundam 00 game turns out good, and it is not a loss at all for it to be released on a PS2 platform, as PS3 can play it via emulation as well for compatibility reasons.

    Well, we shall see more coverage in the near future, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Q, I just picked up RvZII, it was shipped out on Friday, so I should get it by Monday or Tuesday. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ apt-1b:

    Oh that's much sooner than I've expected! Hope you like it :) . Do tell me if you are stuck on any aspects of the game. I am not amazing at it, but I will do my best to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will do. If it's anything like the first in terms of controls, I'll be just fine. I can read Japanese very well so that also helps!

    ReplyDelete

Be sure to copy long comments to clipboard in case of Internet or server problems