19 May 2009

Japanese Food from Kumamoto

CIMG0150
Closing the stage for my sister's Kumamoto trip, here I am showing the lovely food she's been having back in December... In pain.

Why in pain, you may ask? That's because I wasn't there with her, so now I can only look at them (along with you) and wish I can go back home asap orz.

This post will again be predominantly pictures with very little to no captions. If you do wanna know what certain food is I can try and ask my sister when I have the time.

CIMG0152
1. Larger view of the sashimi bowl above

CIMG0087
2.

CIMG0092
3.

CIMG0089
4.

CIMG0093
5.

CIMG0021
6.

CIMG0019
7.

CIMG0020
8.


CIMG0255
9. This katsudon looks great even for a ready meal...

CIMG0256
10. That package on the bottom right are some chicken nuggets from convenient store Lawson (which means that the katsudon is likely from the same place too). Oh and yes my sister is a big fan of NEWS, mainly Yamashita Tomohisa.


CIMG0269
11. Ajisen Ramen, a chain ramen restaurant. It is based in Kumamoto in Kyushu, therefore my sister managed to have the chance to visit the original store.

CIMG0265
12.

CIMG0264
13.

CIMG0263
14.


More noodles:
CIMG0171
15.

CIMG0169
16.

CIMG0168
17.

CIMG0026
18.


CIMG0029CIMG0027
19.

CIMG0057
20. Some tea to finish things off (was the first pic of this post)


Got any you like, or rather got a favourite out of all those meals? I personally am a sucker for ramen, so I won't hesitate to have at least 2 bowls of them any moment ^^;


Previous postings on Kumamoto:
  • Mount Aso
  • Kumamoto Castle
  • Kumamoto Trip
  • 10 comments:

    1. this post is making me hungry. *drools*

      ReplyDelete
    2. YOU JUST MADE ME VERY HUNGRY! LOL.

      Now I want to eat ramen myself too ><

      ReplyDelete
    3. Is the Ajisen Ramen good ? I compared the one in HK and here in Toronto. The one in HK is much tastier imo.

      Just <3 Japanese food. They all very healthy ( at least they look like it ).

      ReplyDelete
    4. @ gordon:
      This is a very hungry-looking post, and is making me very hungry too... *drools along* =Q=

      @ zenical:
      Just 2 more weeks left then I can enjoy some good ramen back home... Just 2 more weeks... =Q=

      @ Saku:
      You tried Hong Kong's Ajisen Ramen as well? Then my sister will assure you that the original Japanese branches will be even better~

      I did hear that Japanese food is healthier, and is apparently part of the reason for the Japanese people's longevity; perhaps it's an excuse for any of us to eat more Japanese food now? ^^;

      ReplyDelete
    5. Yum yum. Too bad i can't have anything raw. I have a real weak stomach. T.T

      ReplyDelete
    6. This posting is not safe to be read before lunch or dinner - the sense of hunger just got amplified. XD

      Can't comment on the the taste until I have the chance to try them out myself, but their looks are totally appealing and appetizing. I'm seeing art in each one of them ^^

      ReplyDelete
    7. wow all that food looks amazingly delicious ^^ Too bad all we got down here is greasy McDonalds and AppleBee's xD :(

      ReplyDelete
    8. @ Chappy:
      I am sorry to hear that. But there's still a lot of nice food out there that don't need to be raw in order to be yummy!

      @ Ngee Khiong:
      It's a dangerous post indeed; hope you didn't have to learn it the hard way XD

      Food can be regarded as a form of art indeed. Even though I am not a big fan of seafood, I still like the looks of the sashimi dishes. I do hope that you get to try some of them in the future!

      @ blueplains:
      Here in the UK things aren't much better; the only Japanese food available (which are really scarce, especially outside London) are usually of mediocre quality or are at least 2-3x the price of Hong Kong's or Japan's -_-;;

      ReplyDelete
    9. Wow~! That's alot of food there! ^.^;;
      It's been a while since I last had Japanese Food. ^.^

      ReplyDelete
    10. @ Shinky:
      Indeed. My sister did enjoy a lot of nice food back in December ^^;

      Do look forward to the next time you get to have Japanese food - perhaps treat it as a goal or reward to have in the near future!

      ReplyDelete

    Be sure to copy long comments to clipboard in case of Internet or server problems