30 July 2011

Purchases from ACGHK 2011

Photobucket
Just a quick update here. I've bought a few things from the ACGHK 2011 event which is currently ongoing until Tuesday night. More details after the jump!

Photobucket
Black★Rock Shooter Artbook. A compilation of artwork from the original character designer and illustrator huke, along with many other artsists. Apparently it's identical to the one that is sold in the recent Comiket C79 event but localised, however I need to check on this.

Photobucket
HGUC 1/144 RX-78-2 Gundam Ecopla, basically a Gunpla kit made of recycled plastic, hence the black for most stuff except for the beam effect of beam sabre. Even the polycaps are black as well. There is also a special decal sheet with lots of "GUNPLA" signs on it. This is no new kit, but it's not the most common kit out there for sure. Will most likely do a post for it once I get around to build it.

Photobucket
Gundam Legacy manga. There are only 3 volumes in total, which makes it pretty short. It appears to be a compilation of several short stories involving side characters (from one of the anime series or those who appear exclusively in games). The seemingly heavy depiction of grunt units over Gundams is surely what tickles my interest ^^; Speaking of buying manga, I think the last time I've bought manga for myself was probably sola way back in ACGHK 2009.


As for the coverage photos, I need some time to sort them out. I hope I won't procrastinate and take too long to get the posts out!

4 comments:

  1. All black Gundam will look really badass, I think... I hope that book isn't a bootleg or anything. I've seen someone selling it like that here and I question the authenticity of it >.>

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lightning Sabre:
    The book being localised in Simplified Chinese rather than Traditional Chinese does make me worry whether this is actually unauthentic or not. I need to check on this.

    As for the black Gundam, even though most parts are completely black the overall impression seems pretty cool. Hope I'll get around to build it eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My jealously just kicked in once I saw your BRS artbook. Great purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ MkMiku:
    Haha thanks. Quite a lot of the pictures there can actually be found on pixiv. So you are only missing out half of the book at most! ^^;

    ReplyDelete

Be sure to copy long comments to clipboard in case of Internet or server problems