24 August 2011

Custom figma mod Kuroneko

Photobucket
Yui (aka yui_style) has done it again! I have blogged about his figma mods now and then, such as his K-On! entry which won him 2nd place for GSC Photocon last year. This time it's Kuroneko from Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない, i.e. my little sister cannot be this cute). Gosh it's a long title for both languages.

Photobucket
And here it is: the original figma Kuroneko on the left, the modded Comiket version in the middle, and the modded school uniform version on the right

Photobucket
Photobucket
First off it's Kuroneko as she has appeared in episode which the girls have attended the Comiket event.

Yui has said that this version is literally "cut and polished" from the original figma, with a bit of putty added to make up the shape of the blouse. The arms are from figma Haruhi Middle School ver.

Photobucket
Kuroneko as seen in the anime.

Photobucket
Picture with the Tokyo Big Sight at the background, which is the venue that holds the Comiket event

Photobucket
Photobucket
The other mod is Kuroneko (or Gokou Ruri as her real name) in school uniform as appeared in the specials of the anime (aka the True Route).

The body is from figma Nakano Azusa, whereas the arms are from Hirasawa Yui. The parts are actually leftovers from his previous mod.

Photobucket
Kuroneko in school uniform as she has appeared in the anime

Photobucket
Kuroneko with sakura trees in Spring time.

Full commentary are available in English and Japanese on his blog. The pictures are also available on fg (account required). Do check them out!

6 comments:

  1. damn she looks pretty cute. :D
    Have you thought about doing your own mods?

    ReplyDelete
  2. his works of figma is amazing~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome. I wish I had the skill to do this with Figmas. I kinda regret not having gotten Kuroneko too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ radiant:
    Even though I am not so big into the characters from OreImo, Kuroneko is one of the most popular characters out there I'd say!

    Me modding figmas? I really lack creativity these days, though it may be more about actually putting in the effort. I *might* mod some Gunplas, but this is probably as far as I would venture... For now ^^;

    @ Avan:
    Yui's works have never failed to impress me ever since I first saw his figma Lacus Clyne. It always makes me excited as for what he'd do next!

    @ Persocom:
    If you really want to do figma modding I think these are great for inspirations, along with those that appear on fg-site.

    You didn't get Kuroneko? It appears that it's still available on places like Hobby Search at the moment, or have you been facing some money issue at the moment? If so then real life would have to take a bigger priority for sure :\

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, both mods look pretty good. I'm impressed that people are able to do things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Nopy:
    Both mods of Kuroneko look very convincing. I am always glad to see such great creations are made with such passion!

    ReplyDelete

Be sure to copy long comments to clipboard in case of Internet or server problems